Saturday, June 7, 2008

Farewell, Friend.

Last summer, I found myself in a new city, with no friends and no real prospects for a job. I was terribly lonely. We went to visit my uncle, who gave me a brand-new sewing machine. I hadn't sewed for a really long time, but that machine was just the catalyst I needed to get off my bum and start crafting! Instead of wallowing in my loneliness, I starting sewing and painting and creating like never before. And I discovered the best fabric store nearby. Sewing Arts Studio, along with all of my favorite crafty blogs (see the sidebar!) gave me plenty of inspiration. Sadly, the sweet folks who run this adorable store are shutting their doors. So, sadly, I will go there today for one of the last times. Everything is on sale, and I hope I get the opportunity to tell them what a great catalyst their sweet little store was to me. So, if you get the opportunity today, be sure to tell your favorite inspirations what they mean to you!

No comments: