Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Centerpieces

Remember those centerpieces I promised? I am posting a picture from Rebecca Thuss' site. This is the image from the article in Martha Stewart Weddings where I saw this idea. They are branches (which I clipped from family and friend's yards!) with tiny crepe-paper blooms attached with brown floral tape. The little millinery birds (available at craft stores) are then glued to the branches. These were horribly labor-intensive, and my mom, husband and I made most of them in the days leading up to the wedding. I put the branches in clear glass vases ($3.00 each from A.C. Moore) and put white stones in the vases. The picture below doesn't show them well, but they looked exactly like the image above. They were so lovely, and so inexpensive, and I just fell in love with them. My aunts and relatives all ended up taking one home, and I now have one in our bedroom. These would be equally as lovely for a bridal shower or ladies' tea. Instructions are available here.

In case you were wondering, the table numbers are made from wooden fans (scored on Ebay!) which I hot-glued open. I then covered the glue strip with an orange ribbon bow and added the table number, which I had printed onto orange card stock. The reception venue had the little mounting things. These really accented the flowers well.

No comments: