Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Unfortunate.


I have gotten very flustered lately, and it seems the creating time is the first thing to go. I remember in college, my professors repeatedly drilled into our heads to SET A SCHEDULE! The muse, they argued, would show up regularly. My poetry professor in particular (check out that alliteration!) really emphasized taking a moment to read a poem and record my thoughts on life at the same time each day. If only for ten minutes. I am trying to get into the schedule of writing again, but also time to create. My background on the laptop is the above image and every time I turn it on, I feel guilty. My paintbrushes are dry, the sewing machine is in its case and my crafty supplies haven't been used since I started school. Any advice on scraping out the time to create?

No comments: